What is NHS 111?
- NHS 111 is the free NHS non-emergency number.
When should you call it?
- You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- You don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
- You’re not sure if you need A&E
How does it work?
- When you call NHS 111 you will be assessed for your symptoms, given clinical advice or treatment and if an ambulance is needed one will be sent for immediately.
What are the benefits to using NHS 111?
- It’s a simple, free to call number available 24/7
- All clinical staff have access to patients’ medical records.
- It ensures that you get the right care, from the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Out-of-hours GP service
There is an urgent out-of-hours medical service when your GP surgery is closed.
The service is for medical problems which you feel cannot wait until your GP surgery opens.
To access this service, dial 111 or go online – www.111.nhs.uk.
Out-of-hours dental service
The urgent out-of-hours dental helpline provides advice on where to find an NHS dentist, and how to access dental care in an emergency when your normal dental surgery is closed.
To access this service, dial 111 or contact the dental helpline directly between 7.30am and 10.30pm on 03330 063 300, or email [email protected]
The Mooring – mhm community matters
Are you feeling distressed, frightened, overwhelmed, or that things are too much for you? Don’t know how to get mental health suppo0rt? Are your usual sources of support closed for the night?
The Mooring at St Leonards GP Practice offers out of hours mental health support to anyone aged 16 or over in Exeter and the surrounding areas.
Open 6pm – midnight.